- This event has passed.
Next Generation Companies, Executive Conference
June 13, 2014 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Registration for the Executive Conference is now open (click for registration)
This executive conference engages academics, practitioners, and consultants. The aim is to highlight practical perspectives in the context of emerging new strategic paradigms based on the unprecedented CEO, innovative surprises, and new people-based ways of value creation. As such it illustrates micro-foundations at work in new contexts, in particular so-called Next Generation Companies
17.00 Welcome Address by Professor Flemming Poulfelt, Copenhagen Business School.
17.10 Next Generation Companies – Why and How We Need to Go Beyond Existing Strategy Thinking to Comprehend Them by Michael Moesgaard Andersen, Adjunct Professor, Copenhagen Business School.
- The inner workings and micro-foundations of Next Generation Companies – strategic intent or merely serendipity-driven disruption?
- The emerging new paradigm within management and strategy – why and how are we gradually moving towards a new rationality in the ABC triangulation?
17.30 Why People and Organizations Don’t Change (And What You Can Do About It) by professor Sydney Finkelstein, Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College.
- Why do smart and experienced leaders make flawed, even catastrophic, decisions?
- Why do people believe they have made the right choice, even with the disastrous result staring them in the face? And how can you be sure you're making the right decision – without the benefit of hindsight?
18.00 Winning Behaviors’ of Carlsberg as a Next Generation Company by Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen, President & CEO, Carlsberg Group and Adjunct Professor, Copenhagen Business School.
- What was the strategy for developing Carlsberg as a global company?
- The role of ‘Winning Behaviors’ and leadership in context of creating a Next Generation Company?
18.30 Next Generation Companies by Sven Smit, Director at McKinsey & Co, Amsterdam, and Global Knowledge Leader of McKinsey & Co’s Strategy Practice.
- Strategy practice in conjunction with a company crisis – are hidden accelerators working in favor of quick large scale transformation?
- How to manage uncertainty – the importance of macro- and micro-foundations, respectively?
19.00 Panel Discussion on the Foundations of Next Generation Companies moderated by Professor Flemming Poulfelt, Copenhagen Business School.
- What constitutes the Next Generation Company, in theory and in practice, respectively?
- How does the CEO matter? How does the Board matter?
At 19.30 the Strategic Management Society and Copenhagen Business School host a reception with a buffet and drinks at Solbjerg Plads.
We look forward to seeing you Friday June 13th at Copenhagen Business School, Solbjerg Plads 3, 2000 Frederiksberg, DK.
For registration purposes please sign up using the registration form here.